Security Code In Whatsapp
All WhatsApp chats and calls are encrypted. Each chat has its own security code, which users can see in the “Contact Details” section, and these codes will be unique for each chat. Sometimes WhatsApp users get the “Security code has changed” message. What does it mean?
Yes, it also means that the chat security code has changed. Why is this happening? There are usually two reasons: either the user you are talking to reinstalled the WhatsApp messenger, or changed their phone. If you change the phone, your interlocutor will receive the same message.
In general, there is nothing to worry about. But if you are worried, you can compare your security code with the security code of the interlocutor – they must match, see the “Contact Information” section.
In some cases, users do not receive messages about changing the code if this setting is disabled in the messenger.
Now we will show you how to enable or disable it.
- Open WhatsApp
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner
- Select “Settings” from the menu.
- Next is the “Account” section.
- Here is “Security”.
- Enable or disable the Show security notifications feature
- As you can see, chat encryption does not depend on the specified setting.